Pact, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is implementing a USAID-funded project, Sajhedari Bikaas, aimed at empowering local communities to direct their own development in the Mid and Far West Regions of Nepal. Pact has an immediate need for
highly competent Nepali citizens to fill the following positions:
Summary: The G&C Officer will support a wide range of grant and contracting functions, including grant management, project procurements, and funding and liquidation processes. The incumbent will work closely with the G&C team to ensure efficient implementation
of grants, subcontracts, other agreements, and project compliance and financial management. S/he will conduct training for counterparts on sub-contract management, compliance, and financial and procurement processes. The G&C Officer reports to the G&C Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and negotiate subcontracts, purchase agreements, independent consultant agreements, teaming agreements, and modifications as needed. Coordinate with program staff in preparing SOWs and submitting all documents for signature.
• Work with senior program management to ensure efficient implementation of contracts and cooperative agreements and field grants; monitor the logistical flow of contract and grant implementation by HQ and field managers.
• Work closely with counterparts to strengthen financial and operational grant management processes.
• Conduct training for contracted partners on how to manage financial and operational grant processes.
• Draft subcontracts, purchase agreements, and modifications.
• Review agreements and contracts to ensure necessary approval and compliancy requirements are met.
• Review of compliancy, regulations, deliverables, and implementation procedures and/or identify challenges.
• Ensure G&C records are complete, accurate, and filed (electronic and hard copies) properly.
• Serve as primary data input representative for Serenic and CRM.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent in a relevant field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience providing agreement support for USAID or other USG-funded programs
• Demonstrated familiarity with USAID requirements, including the FAR, ADS (and in particular 22CFR226), and OMB Circular A122
• Demonstrated familiarity with both acquisition and assistance instruments
• Demonstrated familiarity with grant-making processes and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Good analytical skills
• Ability and willingness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically on short notice
• Strong communication skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV (3 Page Maximum) to PactNepalRecruit@pactworld.org. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Phone calls will not be accepted.