ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Grants and Contracts Analyst/Subgrants Analyst (GCA/SGA) reports to the Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, and assistance subawards, including pre-award due diligence and analysis, subgrant award execution, and post-award monitoring, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
This job is designed to be remote-first, and will work with partners and colleagues around the globe, although candidates seeking an office-based position in either Arcata, California or Washington, DC should feel free to express that desire. Note that right now, all Internews offices are closed and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. You should apply with the understanding that working hours will need to be coordinated to align with the schedule of colleagues working in PST time zones.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Grants and Contracts Analyst
- Reviews, edits, and submits funding proposals/applications in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy. Note: this position does not write proposals – the GCA ensures that proposals are compliant with the funders’ content, formatting, and regulatory requirements and limitations, as well as Internews’ policies.
- Analyses proposal budgets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Communicates with funders regarding negotiation of award terms and conditions, award modifications, and approvals, as required.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed procurements for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy requirements, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves service contracts and amendments.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement records in Internews’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, including significant data entry responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement files in Internews’ digital auditable records, setting and managing access permissions.
- Provides expert guidance to program staff and operational departments on funding award compliance issues, communicating complex considerations, regulations, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepares procurement documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for procurement audit issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts risk and capacity assessments of potential subrecipients and formulates and applies informed subgrant agreement risk-mitigation provisions.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed subgrants for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves subgrant agreements and modifications.
- Tracks and files subgrant-related data and files in Internews systems.
- Reviews and tracks subgrant financial reporting; Investigates financial discrepancies or deficiencies.
- Communicates with and provides expert guidance to program staff on subgrant monitoring/compliance issues, communicating complex ideas, regulations, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides training to program staff on subgrant administration.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed Project Administered Subgrant Strategy (PASS) for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Drafts PASS documents and modifications to delegate subgrant administration authority to project teams.
- Maintains/tracks site visit reports.
- Conducts desk audits of select subgrants.
- Tracks subrecipient audit, vetting, and indirect cost rate compliance.
- Facilitates subgrant close-out process.
- Submits Federal Financial and Accounting Transparency Act (FFATA) reports to Federal Government.
- Manages non-programmatic reporting data related to subgrants including: cost share, host government taxes, financial status, year-end subgrant cash, contributes to monthly subgrant accrual process, etc.
- Prepares subgrant documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for subgrant audit issues.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.