The position will be based in Burlington, and provide technical writing assistance and will provide both stylistic and grammatical editorial support, primarily to Grants Program Managers and Program Excellence (PE) Team members, adhering to the standards of granting institutions and other donors.
1. Provide ongoing technical writing support to the PE Team during all phases of proposal development and grant applications for foundations, corporations, government and other institutional donors.
2. Draft and complete technical reports, targeted at differing audiences including institutional donors, related to annual grant management and workplan reporting, lessons learned, best practices and summation of grant activities.
3. Follow up with Grants Program Managers to pose clarifying questions as needed, obtain more information or details, explain variances from the plan, and ensure continuity of information from previous reports.
4. Format reports and proposals for visual appeal, incorporating photos and graphics and ensuring that details such as fonts, spacing, use of color, text boxes, page notes and citations all contribute to a professional document and adhere to World Renew’s branding guidelines (as applicable).
5. Ensure that donor guidelines regarding reports and proposals are followed, including carefully reviewing that instructions are correctly interpreted and that specifications such as word limits, page limits, font size, and correct reporting forms/formats are followed.
6. Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, drafting or editing for publication submission, technical writing support for promotional and/or marketing materials, conference presentations, website content, maintenance of organization profiles online and other digital locations related to PE Team and external grant management.
7. The Grant Writer may be called upon to assist team members in both the Canadian and/or USA offices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others.
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity, and justice in all aspects of World Renew’s programming, plans, policies, and organizational structure.
4. Strong interpersonal communication skills: can express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing; can communicate in a compelling manner, able to listen with sensitivity; thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills.
5. Self-directed with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and ability to set priorities in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment, and the ability to exercise appropriate judgment in situations with unclear information.
6. Proficient in MS Word and Excel; ability to learn new software and databases.
7. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others.
1. Bachelor’s degree required (Communications, Marketing or related discipline preferred)
2. Minimum two years experience in technical writing for proposal development
3. Demonstrated experience in desktop publishing, data manipulation for infographics and report development tools and software is an advantage.
4. Knowledge of and interest in global issues related to international development and/or humanitarian aid is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Travel of approximately 10% of working hours, within Canada and US, including meetings during non-business hours and occasional overnight stays is expected.
2. Extended time spent in front of a computer screen using electronic mail, writing proposals, reviewing data, and reports, and meeting teams virtually.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.