Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is seeking to hire a qualified Grant Specialist to support the implementation of the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) project’s Grants under Contract (GUC) activities in the Philippines and potentially elsewhere in Southeast Asia.
The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which serves as USAID’s flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities. CCBO will design and implement a $10M grant under contract (GUC) program in countries in Southeast Asia and Latin America.
Under the supervision of the Grant Manager based in the United States, the Grant Specialist will work in collaboration with the project’s technical and administrative teams to manage the full lifecycle of grants in the Philippines and elsewhere in Southeast Asia if necessary. The Grant Specialist is responsible for managing a portfolio of grants in accordance with USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD’s procedures and policies governing grants including the solicitation, selection, management, monitoring and closeout of grants. In coordination with the Grant Manager, the Grant Specialist will provide trainings and capacity building support to grant applicants and recipients to ensure overall success of grants under their portfolio.
* Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in relevant field such as international development or affairs, business administration, finance, etc.
* At least 4 years’ experience managing grants, USAID experience preferred
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
* Ability to travel within the Philippines up to 40% of the time
* Fluency in Filipino language and advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English
* Proven capacity building and training skills
* Proven track record facilitating solutions to problems
* Excellent project and information management skills
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Budgeting, financial, and auditing experience desirable.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment.
* High level proficiency of MS-Office applications and databases.
* Qualified Filipino nationals are highly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.