Chemonics seeks a Governance Specialist for the anticipated USAID Climate Change Adaptation Activity in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The project aims to enhance the adaptive capacities of the public and private sectors and local communities in the Maldives and Sri Lanka to climate change impacts in ways that contribute to sustained, inclusive market-based growth. This position will be based in the Maldives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provides technical advice on environmental governance
- Provide technical advice in the development of adaptation strategy
- Provides technical expertise to staff while ensuring coordination of technical efforts across the sites and knowledge sharing
- Advanced degree in public administration, development policy, NRM, or another governance-related field
- Extensive experience working throughout the Maldives on climate change governance and its crosscutting issues, including climate change policy and framework development, institutional strengthening, engagement of civil society, and improving transparency and accountability
- Proven expertise in project leadership, technical assistance, and oversight with a demonstrated knowledge of climate change and environmental governance sector regulations, policies, and frameworks
- Record of establishing strategic partnerships with government and non-government actors and networking to ensure high-quality implementation and result achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Dhivehi required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Governance Specialist- Maldives” in the subject line to SriLankaMaldivesCCRecruit@chemonics.com by March 11, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.