- Work closely with SPL to identify community facilitators, assess their capacity needs and conduct capacity building on topics relevant to the project’s goals and targets;
- Work with CFs and SPL to conduct conflict and gender analysis and devise strategies to ensure broader representation and meaningful participation of women and youth in peacebuilding activities;
- Organize and facilitate activities at community level and support communities and LGAs to develop action plans that are relevant to the program needs and the context in Afgoye;
- In close collaboration with other team members, identify, support and promote intra and inter clan dialogues and reconciliation activities within and between clans;
- Continuously carry out conflict mapping and analysis with the active involvement of CFs, SPL and devise strategies for strengthening existing relationship but also devise means to resolve conflicts were they exist;
- Ensure the identification and documentation of lessons learned and success stories in program implementation;
- Identify, document and appropriately respond to security concerns/incidents within and between target communities;
- Provide regular reports to the Governance & Peacebuilding Officer on the progress of program activities; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
1. Minimum of a diploma in conflict and peace studies, social sciences, development studies, or related field required.
2. At least 1 year experience in community-based peacebuilding, governance or conflict mitigation.
3. Proven experience in emergency contexts especially Afgoye and entire South Central Somalia.
4. Experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages required. Public relations skills required.
5. Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
6. Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
7. Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
8. Experience with community-based participatory methods.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
10. Ability to speak Somalia language is an added advantage;