Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
**Please note location flexible to other PATH Country Office locations.
Launched in 2016 by UNICEF and the World Bank Group, the Early Childhood Action Network (ECDAN) is a global network that connects, gathers, disseminates, and advocates for cross sector solutions to improve the overall wellbeing of young children and families, so that every young child is safe, well-nourished, healthy, happy and learning.
Since its inception in 2016, hundreds of members of the early childhood development (ECD) community have contributed recommendations for the type of network needed by the ECD community to advance the goals of its agenda — moving from science to scale and accelerating progress towards achieving the relevant Sustainable Development Goals for early childhood development.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The ECDAN secretariat seeks to engage a Policy and Advocacy Lead to be an integral part of the ECDAN secretariat working with ECDAN partners and networks across the world. The Policy Advocacy Lead will be a global influencer and thought leader shaping the advocacy agenda to scale up ECD. The Policy and Advocacy Lead will be responsible for managing and executing the ECDAN’s advocacy strategy with a laser focus on increasing: awareness of the importance of ECD and making it a public policy priority, political commitment for investing in young children and their families on a global scale, working towards the goal of increasing and sustaining international and domestic political support for, and investments in, evidence-based early childhood development (ECD) policies and programs that will accelerate progress toward reaching the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, with particular focus on the targets that ensure that young children in low- and middle-income countries thrive. In addition the Global Policy and Advocacy lead will coordinate with ECDAN partners to develop and design global campaign strategies, assets and implementation plans in consultation with partners.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated competency with the following:
- Communicate and effectively influence
- Cultivate innovation with cross cultural sensitivity
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Action orientation with problem solver mentality
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changing priorities
- Value differences
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
The Advocacy Lead working closely with the Communications Lead and other ECDAN Secretariat consultants will be responsible for:
Strategy and implementation
- Lead the execution of ECDAN’s advocacy strategy, develop a global implementation and monitoring plan in coordination with ECDAN’s partners, including global, regional, and national networks.
- Track and analyze key global policy developments and trends relevant to ECD
- Develop a global financing campaign strategy implementation plans, identify audiences and tactics and monitoring plan
- Launch the Cost of Inaction tool and develop a plan for its uptake by countries
- Review and refine a global Childcare campaign strategy, implementation plans, identify audiences and tactics and monitoring plan in collaboration with partners
- Develop and disseminate global calls to action
Partnerships and networking
- Build and manage partnerships and alliances to define, advance, and refine ECDAN’s advocacy and influence strategy
- Support a global advocacy advisory group inclusive of partners and engages directly with key stakeholders and other networks to develop co-created messages and campaigns, cultivate and leverage partner advocacy champions, launch advocacy-related events and stakeholder engagements, deploy strategic communications, speak and publish across influential and high- level platforms
- Lead in the organization and execution of advocacy events, round tables with planning, logistics and coordination with external stakeholders.
- Manage high profile engagements at the global level including influencing agendas through global fora to increase awareness and political commitment
- Harvest and leverage evidence from knowledge resource to inform ECDAN advocacy campaigns including through ECDAN’s knowledge platform
- Generate and manage ECDAN’s advocacy calendar, content, Infographics and campaigns
- Support other ECDAN collaborative efforts with
Communications and media
- Act as spokesperson along with the Executive Director and represent ECDAN to key constituencies
- With support from the Communications Lead, write and edit advocacy materials such as talking points, press releases, blogs, op-eds etc.
 Relevant SDG targets: 2.1, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 16.2, and 17