To collaborate in conceiving, developing and promoting innovations in Bank Policy, operational procedures, project/program design in organization and management of operations in Transport Sector in IsDB member countries. To provide support in matter related to Transport Sector, collaborates and engages with and nurtures a network of developers to ensure that IsDB follows best practices in project management and in development of sector strategy
Strategic & Operational Planning
- Conduct background sector research for preparation of key strategy papers, new programs and knowledge product development to ensure the unit is contributing to the overall goal of the bank.
- Support the senior specialists in undertaking analytical/economic and sector work (ESW) as well as sector dialogue during Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) and programming missions.
- Implement actions to mainstreaming Sustainable Development Goals in IsDB transport projects.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Provide background research and comparative documents to contribute to the design, review and implementation of the IsDB’s policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the sector interventions
- Facilitate the stakeholders in elaborating and interpreting the processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
Sector Portfolio Management
- Support the senior experts in conducting quality review and proposing improvements throughout project lifecycle of IDB financed projects to ensure all projects abide by the high-quality standards demanded by the Bank.
- Act as a project member as requested throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertake portfolio analysis for transport sector and prepare portfolio reports to facilitate advisory and decision making
- Participate in transport Portfolio Performance Review (SPPR) and Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR).
- Review and process operational documents and ESW, coordinating across disciplines and project components with other team members.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and review Meetings and provide review and advise on technical matters
- Undertake the development of Economic and Sector Work knowledge documents.
- Contribute to the preparation of diverse operational and sector products/outputs (e.g. sector and country briefings, background reports, case studies, policy note, ESW, portfolio performance reviews, and Project Completion Reports (PCR) etc.).
- Participate in missions in area of specialization in order to contribute to design of simple operations.
- Collaborate with the Regional Hubs and OQR to keep repository of results and contribute to development effectiveness reports
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Build and manage knowledge repository in transport sector.
- Contribute to IsDB knowledge repository by documenting lessons learned from IsDB projects.
- Share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues to enhance a knowledge sharing culture across the Bank that would allow it to create more value.
- Share key knowledge and learning outcomes with the Knowledge Management and Institutional Learning Unit in areas related to the sector
- Participate in regional and international events/forums on transport to stay abreast with the latest development in the sector
- Bachelor degree in Civil/Transport related engineering, economic development studies or related field
• English (mandatory)
• French (preferred)
• Arabic (preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 5-7 years experience in Transport Sector, 3 of which in international financing institutions.
- Experience in Transport Sector or related fields.
Job specific competencies
- Knowledge of Transport Sector trends in MCs and NMCs.
- Knowledge in conceptualizing and managing urban projects/programs.
- Project management
- Analytical (sector analysis, diagnosis studies and country context analysis)
- Result development management
Jeddah, IsDB Head quarters.
20% or more depending on requirements