We are currently recruiting for an Internal Audit Trainee to join our Global Assurance team and be based in our London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate, who ideally has some experience in International Programs/an NGO, interested in pursuing a career within Global Assurance and travelling the world. We offer full financial support to achieve professional certification, along with on the job training and coaching to enable you to progress to Auditor level.
Our Global Assurance team conduct risk based audits across our 55 Country offices, field-testing business processes and controls to evaluate their effectiveness in providing the required level of governance, risk management and control oversight. You will help deliver audits across the full range of our programming portfolio, following a timetable of audits that mean that you would be overseas for every 2-3 weeks after a 5-6 week period in the UK.
In order to be successful you will have/be:
- A desire to learn internal auditing skills, supported by a robust understanding of risk, control and the internal audit process, and a demonstrable interest of working for a complex INGO
- Detail-orientated, and committed to undertaking work in a logical and disciplined manner, in line with the prescribed methodology
- The ability to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Good experience in producing high quality effective written communication, in English
- Willing to undertake a high amount of travel overseas and work well, with or without supervision, under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of the world
- Strong cultural awareness and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- The ability to demonstrate high standards of ethics and integrity
- French language skills would be highly beneficial
Benefits include a competitive salary (in the context of the sector) and company pension scheme, full business travel insurance, accommodation and a daily allowance will be provided whilst you are travelling.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.