ICF is looking for a Quantitative Researcher to support various international health and development projects. The Quantitative Researcher will work with multi-disciplinary research teams to design, implement, and manage research studies including implementation research, large surveys, and evaluations. He or she will also contribute to program monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities and will prepare various products to disseminate findings. Activities will focus mainly on health, nutrition, and food security. The full-time position is based in Rockville, MD. Selected candidate must be willing and able to travel internationally up to 25%.
- Support the development of research protocols including methodologies, ethics board review applications, and data collection tools
- Coordinate implementation of research activities in different countries including recruiting and training local partners and monitoring field activities, task schedules, and budgets
- Conduct literature reviews
- Participate in data collection
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare reports and synthesize findings for diverse stakeholders
- Present research findings through conferences and webinars
- Contribute to technical assistance and capacity strengthening exercises with counterparts
- Support business development activities, including proposal writing
- Provide project management support
- Master’s degree in public health, international studies, or social science
- Courses in research methodologies and statistical analysis
- 3+ years of supporting research in international development
- Prior experience conducting data analyses with STATA or R
- Experience working overseas in a USAID-supported country
- Working proficiency in French verbal and written communication
- Experience working on USAID projects
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software packages
- Data visualization skills
- Prior business development experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations and developing country environments
- Ability to work across different projects and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
- General professional proficiency in French verbal and written communication
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)