PATH is currently recruiting for a results-driven Global Grants and Contracts Manager who may be located in Seattle, WA or Washington, DC. The Global Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of a team that handles grants and contracts, administrative policies, and procedures, to ensure that all subrecipients, subcontractors, and grantees are in compliance with applicable US federal, donor, and local government requirements.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The goal of the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) is to mitigate risk for the organization, in partnership with program and other support services. OGC provides subject matter expertise on donor compliance, subaward management, and PATH policies to maintain PATH’s reputation, credibility and track record as the leading innovative nonprofit in the global health sector. Reporting to the Director, Office of Grants and Contracts, the Global Grants and Contracts Manager will be a leader in OGC, managing staff located in PATH’s Seattle and DC offices. The Division currently consists of two grants managers based in DC (or Seattle) and Nairobi, Kenya. The Global Grants and Contracts Manager, in collaboration with the Nairobi-based Grants and Contracts Manager, will advise staff on contractual and grant issues, donor compliance, and implementation of PATH polices, with a high level of financial and project management skills.
The Global Grants and Contracts Manager will serve as the expert for the planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of awards and subordinate agreements. She/He is required to apply highly specialized acquisition and assistance knowledge, skills, and abilities involving a multi-donor environment that ranges from simple, low-dollar, short-term awards to complex multi-million dollar, multi-year awards, including IQCs. This role will also serve as a technical resource to PATH; partner with staff in interpreting donor rules and regulations; and act as primary point of contact for grant and contractual issues. This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
- Lead a team of grants and contracts professionals located between the Seattle and DC offices.
- Ensure that PATH is fully compliant with donor and sponsor terms and conditions, PATH’s policies, and government regulations and requirements.
- Play a key role within OGC by providing a full range of services in support of PATH’s awards and subawards management.
- Lead person on all aspects of grant and contract compliance for projects within this role’s portfolio. Ensure grant and contract management standards (e.g. reporting, procurement, visibility, transfer of assets, audit, etc.) are understood and applied correctly.
- Provide support on all aspects of incoming and outgoing awards review and negotiation, drafting agreements, interpreting language, and applying rules and regulations from different funders.
- Provide oversight to grantees’ sub‐granting procedures and ensure that they are in compliance with USG/donor requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of USG, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and other major donors’ policies and procedures, and keep abreast of changes in donor policies, rules, and regulations.
- Manage the workflow for the Awards Management and Subagreements team. This includes creating and managing all necessary and required monitoring reports that will ensure complete oversight.
- Work with PATH’s responsible project managers and project administrators to ensure awards are reviewed per PATH standards and subagreements are executed per PATH standards.
- Participate as one of OGC’s SMEs on all awards management-related projects within the organization.
- Train staff to draft a range of legal/contractual agreements.
- Coordinate ongoing professional development for the grants and contracts team.
- As needed, create and implement new business processes associated with awards and subaward management and contribute to policy and design changes within PATH.
- Provide strategic vision and oversight for awards management.
- Devise vision and cultivate buy-in with all programs.
- Plan and manage workforce strategy and operations of the Awards Management and Subagreements team, establishing performance goals that align with overall departmental goals.