Resonate Global Mission, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America has a full-time (40 hrs/wk) position opening for a Global Area Director in Grand Rapids, Michigan preferably, but other locations will be considered. This position will lead assigned international regional leaders in setting vision, strategic direction and initiatives for Resonate’s international ministry. Serve cross-functionally; both as a Global Area Director (50%) and in a related ministry role (50%) that will ground and inform his/her contribution to global mission leadership.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by January 8, 2020.
1. Ensure alignment of assigned regional mission teams to the vision, mission, and priorities of Resonate.
2. Provide regular coaching feedback and support to the assigned international regional leaders as they develop and implement long-range and annual plans, policies and procedures. Ensure that these plans connect classes, congregations, leaders, and partners in reciprocal relationships in order to achieve Resonate’s three key outcomes.
3. Serve as member of the senior leadership team of Resonate.
4. Co-lead regular meetings of all regional leaders globally to identify common themes for mutual learning and implement cross-regional collaborative initiatives.
5. Work with each region to create annual plan and budget and recommend the plan and budget to the Resonate director.
6. Coordinate the work of the international regional teams with the Mission Support and Mission Advancement Teams to provide care and to raise funds for ministry.
7. Collaborate with the Mission Innovation Team to develop cross-regional communities of practice groups and implement multi-regional innovation projects as well as to implement global accountability systems for regional team performance and stewardship of resources.
8. Provide regular supervision, coaching, feedback, and support to assigned staff.
9. Monitor individual and team goals to ensure successful completion of annual plans; evaluate staff performance on a regular basis and resolve performance issues as they arise.
10. Visit each assigned region on a rotating or as needed basis.
11. Assure leaders work within designated budgets for their region.
12. Serve as an ambassador for Resonate and invite its constituents to support and pray for its global ministry.
13. Other tasks as assigned.
Assigned Regional Leaders and Administrative Assistant
1. Commitment to Christ, the Scriptures and the mission of the church.
2. Be a professing member of a CRC congregation, or one in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRC, or willing to become a member, and agree with the statement of faith documents listed in the Covenant for Office Bearers for the CRCNA.
3. Demonstrated skills in administration and management in a context of collaborative leadership.
4. Demonstrated skills in casting and communicating vision.
5. Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
6. Strong communication skills both oral and written.
7. Cross-cultural experience and demonstrated skill in cross-cultural relationship building.
8. A deserved reputation of integrity and trust.
9. Ability to travel to assigned regions.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree preferred.
2. Training and experience in missiology, theology, and cross-cultural relations.
3. At least four years of inter-cultural experience with knowledge of at least one other culture and language.
4. Prior experience in leadership and/or managerial roles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.