Social Impact is seeking a GIS Specialist to provide short-term technical assistance (STTA) to the USAID/Laos MEL project. This is an on-call consulting position with a period of performance between March and September 2021.
**Please note: This position is only open to candidates currently located in Lao PDR**
- Lead and advise on GIS and information systems tasks, manage GIS maps and data, liaise with implementing partners to get GIS project information and review GIS information.
- Create stand-alone GIS products, as well as maps to be included in reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Undergraduate degree in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, business, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in GIS/information systems required.
- Experience with data visualization beyond mapping is a plus.
- Experience providing GIS technical assistance on USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls