We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: GIS Specialist
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a GIS Specialist for the upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Support (MELS) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This program will strengthen Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning efforts of USAID/South Sudan. This a full time position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
*This position is contingent upon award*
*This position is only open to South Sudanese Nationals*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support tool development and data management for Third Party Monitoring (TPM) activities, utilizing mobile data collection
- Construct data visualizations to align with end-user requirements
- Produce cartographic products using data from TPM activities, program evaluations, and special studies and assessments
- Work with TPM staff to collect and clean monitoring and geo-location data
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- A minimum of 3 years conducting analysis of geospatial data
- Demonstrated experience in cartographic production
- Experience working with ArcGIS, QGIS, and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience working or living in developing countries, particularly in South Sudan or East Africa
Education: An advanced degree in Statistics, Geography, Geographic Information Systems, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of USAID funded programs
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com.