POSITION Procurement Officer
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
April 16, 2024
LEVEL OF EFFORT Full-time, LTTA
BASE OF OPERATIONS Tbilisi, Georgia
POSITION REPORTS TO Finance and Administration Manager
1. PROJECT BACKGROUND:
The purpose of the USAID Economic Security Program in Georgia, implemented by DAI, is to accelerate broad-based growth of sectors outside of agriculture that show strong potential to create jobs, to increase incomes, to increase micro, small, and medium enterprise (MSME) revenues, and to support diversification to more productive economic activities, including tourism and up to three additional sectors.
The Georgia Economic Security Program will accelerate the economic transformation of the country by attracting the capital and technologies needed for growth. It will harness Georgia’s growing market dynamism and catalyze multi-stakeholder problem-solving and co-investment. By putting the private sector in the lead, the project will ensure sustainability, local ownership, and self-reliance.
DAI will apply a facilitative value chain development approach. This approach places market actors and other value chain stakeholders (public and private) at the center of the change process and invites them to define problems and co-create solutions. Using timebound “smart incentives,” we then co-invest with market actors in their own pro-growth solutions. Georgia Economic Security Program will be headquartered in Tbilisi, with one regional office in Kutaisi.
2. ROLE’S PURPOSE:
The Procurement Officer oversees and conducts the procurement of goods and services for the project. He/she will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and transparency in procurement processes, as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. The position will procure across a variety of industry sectors and engage in contract management, dispute resolution, and relationship and vendor management. The Procurement Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
3. OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
• Ensures integrity, fairness, accuracy, and transparency in procurement processes.
• Ensures and enforces compliance with DAI and USAID policies and regulations.
• Reviews requisition documentation, cost estimates, statements of work, etc. for goods and services.
• Conducts market research to identify and qualify potential suppliers and vendors. Ensures that beneficial, ethical, and transparent supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
• Oversees the solicitation of bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies, approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans.
• Determines appropriate source selection methods in compliance with regulations and policies.
• Assists project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process.
• Prepares cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation.
• Monitors and tracks procurement activities and the delivery status of goods and services.
• Liaises and ensures regular communication between the operations team and the technical team to plan for and provide the documentation necessary to issue payments for procurement activities.
• Maintains electronic procurement records and files in various DAI’s system platforms.
• Encourages and facilitates the use of TAMIS for all project procurements.
• Performs regular spot reviews of procurement files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
• Assists and collaborates in external or internal audits as necessary.
• Assists non-procurement staff in understanding procurement protocol and completing appropriate technical specifications, requisitions, cost estimates, and statements of work.
• Leads periodic procurement planning in accordance with project work plan activities.
• Maintains and updates the project’s list of vendors and suppliers and maintains positive relationships with the vendors and suppliers.
• Manages and tracks project inventory or equipment and goods both physically and in TAMIS.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume in English by e-mail to GESPRecruitment@dai.com with the position title in the subject line.