POSITION Finance and Administration Manager
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
April 16, 2024
LEVEL OF EFFORT Full-time, LTTA
BASE OF OPERATIONS Tbilisi, Georgia
POSITION REPORTS TO Deputy Chief of Party
1. PROJECT BACKGROUND:
The purpose of the USAID Economic Security Program in Georgia, implemented by DAI, is to accelerate broad-based growth of sectors outside of agriculture that show strong potential to create jobs, to increase incomes, to increase micro, small, and medium enterprise (MSME) revenues, and to support diversification to more productive economic activities, including tourism and up to three additional sectors.
The Georgia Economic Security Program will accelerate the economic transformation of the country by attracting the capital and technologies needed for growth. It will harness Georgia’s growing market dynamism and catalyze multi-stakeholder problem-solving and co-investment. By putting the private sector in the lead, the project will ensure sustainability, local ownership, and self-reliance.
DAI will apply a facilitative value chain development approach. This approach places market actors and other value chain stakeholders (public and private) at the center of the change process and invites them to define problems and co-create solutions. Using timebound “smart incentives,” we then co-invest with market actors in their own pro-growth solutions. Georgia Economic Security Program will be headquartered in Tbilisi, with one regional office in Kutaisi.
2. ROLE’S PURPOSE:
The Finance and Administration Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing adherence to the project’s Field Operations Manual, USAID regulations, contract requirements, and DAI policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. He/she directly supervises and supports a team responsible for finance, accounting, administration, human resources, logistics, and procurement and ensures compliance of all related activities. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
3. OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
• Supervises the Account in all finance and accounting related activities
• Analyzes project burn rate to identify bottlenecks and areas to improve.
• Reviews the bi-monthly finance reports for presentation to the COP and Home Office (HO).
• Ensures all financial reports are submitted to DAI headquarters in accordance with the DAI monthly finance calendar.
• Oversees the process of reconciling local cash accounts
• Reviews findings of regular financial file audits of physical and electronic files to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement.
• Approves payments in accordance with the Project Schedule of Authority.
• Reviews and approves all financial operations with regards to reasonableness, allocability, and allowability, adhering to corporate policies, contractual terms, US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) and other applicable rules and regulations.
• Advises project leadership and HO on project financial matters.
• Oversee and monitor use of company accounting systems, cloud software for backup documentation, DAI’s project management system (TAMIS), etc.
• Trains finance staff in any financial system knowledge gap.
• Ensures that Grant Disbursements are processed according to the Grant Agreements and in accordance with USAID regulation and DAI policy.
• Responsible for the project compliance with Georgian tax and registration codes, including timely submission of required reports and data to the authorities
• Sets up and supervises the project tax exemption process according to the bilateral agreement provisions
• Coordinates all tax exoneration documents, other tax exemption documents, and reimbursement of local taxes documents, if needed, with the Accountant.
• Serves as back up accountant when applicable
Human Resource & Payroll
• Supervises the Human Resources and Administration Officer on hiring requirements and processes in compliance with the Georgian labor code, corporate policies, contractual terms, US FAR, AIDAR and other applicable rules and regulations
• Oversee recruitment, salary negotiations, hiring, evaluation, and termination of employees in consultation with the DCOP and COP.
• Approves all local employee’s salary offers and supervise candidate’s verification processes.
• Ensures compliance of payroll fringe benefits.
• Assists the Human Resources and Administration Officer in the implementation of trainings mandated by HO.
• Reviews the monthly payroll packet and brings to COP for signature.
• Ensures compliance with Georgian labor law and provide guidance on all human resources legal issues arising from employee management.
• Provides training and capacity building to regional office and stakeholders on ethics and compliance, administration, and operations.
• Ensures staff compliance with timekeeping policy and recordkeeping.
• Serves as backup for payroll processing when applicable.
• Oversee all human resources and payroll issues.
• Supervises the Procurement Officer
• Oversees and provides support and guidance on all procurement related issues, including compliance and adherence to Georgian legislation, corporate policies, contractual terms, FAR, AIDAR. and other applicable rules and regulations.
• Provides review and approval of processes in the online TAMIS platform according to Project Schedule of Authorities.
• Ensure procurement files are properly documented and closed upon completion of an activity.
• Advises Procurement Officer on any issues related to the portfolio.
Operations & Logistics
• Ensures smooth operations of the office and project activities in coordination with the Human Resources and Administration Officer.
• Conducts post-activity reviews with relevant parties to ensure the highest level of operations.
• Ensures regular completion of inventory audits and review results with Procurement Officer.
• Oversees management of the project’s vehicle fleet to ensure compliance.
• Conducts regular reviews of Field Operations Manual to ensure all policies are updated accordingly.
• Responsible for coordinating documentation requirements with various departments, i.e. procurement, grants, logistics, human resources, inventory management, technical teams/ and other areas.
• Performs regular spot audits on project’s files in SharePoint
• Ensures adequate backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
• Ensures that the Activity’s operations are compliant with Georgian law, USAID regulations, and DAI policy.
• Oversee the management of central and regional office properties, and ensure that all project facilities are powered, cleaned, and functioning properly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume in English by e-mail to GESPRecruitment@dai.com with the position title in the subject line.