PIH Liberia is committed to accompanying the Ministry of Health of Liberia in establishing Maryland as a model county for Universal Health Care for primary care services. The General Practitioner will support the delivery of integrated primary care at three identified facilities in Maryland County. The GP will support with outpatient NCD Clinic and provide ongoing mentorship to nurses and physician assistants, particularly for the management and referral of patients with advanced chronic diseases including type 1 diabetes and rheumatic heart disease. The General Practitioner will also provide support to the internal medicine ward and ER departments at the County Hospital as needed.
- Work alongside chronic care team to provide care to outpatients with chronic diseases at all three facilities
- Support Director of NCDs and internal medicine with general clinical program management tasks when requested
- Working alongside chronic care team to treat and manage advanced chronic diseases in both the ER and medical Ward of County Hospital
- Will support with ongoing mentorship of management of all chronic diseases with current team
- Will support other clinical needs at the hospital as needed.
- Graduated MD with all appropriate licensing and diplomas, and has completed national internship with Government of Liberia
- Has skills and a strong interest in chronic care management
- Has an interest in rural health and is motivated to work in lower resource-settings
- Must be willing to live in Maryland County full time.
- Demonstrated teamwork including: taking initiative to implement assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.