QED is currently implementing the USAID Governance Support Program in Turkmenistan (GSP). GSP, in partnership with the UNDP’s project “Supporting Climate Resilient Livelihoods in Agricultural Communities in Drought-Prone Areas of Turkmenistan” (SCRL) are planning to deliver a two-day workshop on the topic: “Gender Sensitive Local Adaptation Plans Development in Agricultural and Water Management Sectors.” It is expected that during two-day workshop the Consultant will engage the representatives of the following institutions into interactive discussions and contributions in development of local adaptation plans:
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection
- The State Committee of Water Management
- The Hyakimlik (Municipality) of Dashoguz velayats (province)
- The Hyakimlik (Municipality) of Gorogly etrap (district) of Dashoguz velayats
- The Farmers’ Union “B Ovezov” of Dashoguz velayat
- The Farmers’ Union “Abadanlyk” of Dashoguz velayat
- The Hyakimlik of Lebap velayat
- The Hyakimlik of “Danaev” etrap of Lebap velayat
- The Farmers’ Union “Babadayhan” of Lebap velayat
- The Farmers Union “Serdar” of Lebap velayat
The overall objective of this assignment is to develop and carry out a two-day workshop on the topic: “Gender Sensitive Local Adaptation Plans Development in Agricultural and Water Management Sectors” in Ashgabat city, Turkmenistan and develop a draft model of Gender Sensitive Local Adaptation Plan for the representatives of local authorities, local and national departments working in the area of water and land management, members of farmers’ unions, in total 20 people.
Turkmenistan is actively implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (adopted at the World Summit of UN, New York, and September 2015). Turkmenistan is among the first members of UN officially adopted all 17 SDG goals, its 148 tasks and 193 indicators. In November 2015, Turkmenistan established a Working Group on implementation of SDGs, including SDG 5 (Gender Equality).
The legislation of Turkmenistan integrates the approaches of gender equality and human rights into the regulatory legal documents:
- The Law of Turkmenistan: “On State Guarantees of Providing Equal Rights and Equal Opportunities for Women and Men” (2015);
- The National Action Plan on Gender Equality in Turkmenistan for 2015-2020 (2015);
- A new edition of the Constitution of Turkmenistan containing an article about equality of men and women (2016, article 29, 40);
- The Law of Turkmenistan: “On Employment of Population” (2016, article 6: “State Guarantees in the Field of Employment”);
- The “National Action Plan on Human Rights in Turkmenistan for 2016-2020”;
- Alongside with the development of legislation in the area of equal rights and opportunities, Turkmenistan has been actively involved into the global work related promoting equal rights;
- In 2017 at the meeting of ECOSOS, Turkmenistan has been selected as a member of the Commission on Women Status for 2018-2022.
- Develop the program and handout materials of a two-day workshop aimed at raising capacity and development of skills of the civil servants and the members of the farmers unions on collection and analyzing the data related to gender indicators in agricultural and water sectors for efficient local adaptation plans. It will include preparation of gender differentiated vulnerability assessments in the pilot farmer’s unions and vulnerability/resilience indicators and protocols for gender-disaggregated data collection, storage, processing and use in planning and decision-making.
- Submit and get approval of the workshop materials from UNDP SCRL Land Management Specialist and USAID Governance Support Program.
- Facilitate two-day workshop for 20 participants.
- Develop the Draft Model of Gender Sensitive Local Adaptation Plans Development in Agricultural and Water Management Sectors.”
- Provide a report on the workshop’s results.
Program and handouts of the workshop developed and submitted for review and approval. (2 days home or remote-based)
November 29, 2019
Two-day workshop conducted. (2 days in Ashgabat city).
Develop the Draft Model of Gender Sensitive Local Adaptation Plans Development in Agricultural and Water Management Sectors.”
The dates needs to be confirmed by the National Partner organization. Approximate dates for a workshop is December 5-6, 2019. The dates are contingent upon Turkmenistan Government approval.
Provision of a Final Report with recommendations (1 day)
December 16, 2019
- Master’s Degree in the field of sociology, international development, social sciences, or similar area; Advanced degree in social sciences will be an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the field of implementation or participation in programs on promotion of gender equality in Central Asia
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically and make her/his contribution into the development of procedures and leading (guiding) principles of gender equality
- Ability to organize and deliver workshops for local communities
- Knowledge of work of ecological projects
- Work experience in the field of development of gender documents, writing analytical reports and training methodology (present one analytical work to prove past experience)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience on the issues of inclusive and sustainable development, including knowledge on the issues of gender equality and empowerment of women (GEEW), as well as participation in several evaluation processes;
- At least 3 years of experience in delivering workshops or trainings in the field of gender planning and budgeting
- Fluent knowledge of verbal and written Russian language, knowledge of English is an asset
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.