Gender Specialist, Gender Analysis of MSP/KP, Performance
Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a qualified Gender Specialist for a gender analysis of the USAID-funded Municipal Services Program in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (MSP/KP). The program supports the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to address issues related to drinking water supply, sanitation, and solid waste management infrastructure and governance. The program encourages citizens, especially women, to engage in community level decision-making about drinking water, sanitation, and solid waste management. The analysis will identify obstacles to gender equality in program implementation and provide recommendations on how to overcome these obstacles. The analysis will be used to guide program managers on how, if at all, the project design could be adjusted and enhanced to assure a more equitable and sustainable impact for both men and women.
This assignment will run for approximately 12 weeks from December 2016 to February 2017, including fieldwork and data analysis in Pakistan. The anticipated level of effort for the Gender Specialist is 56 days.
- Review all relevant program documents required to understand the assignment and USAID/Pakistan’s current implementation of ADS 205 and record findings from the document review in a structured document review matrix.
- Under the direction of the Team Leader and MSI staff, the Gender Specialist will contribute to:
- Designing the analysis approach.
- Developing data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan.
- Conducting interviews and writing notes.
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Presenting results to USAID and implementing partners.
- Writing the report and other briefing papers.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the assignment.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development studies or other relevant discipline, with strong technical emphasis or specialization in gender preferred.
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in programming for women’s development and addressing gender considerations in development projects, including significant experience working in the water and sanitation sphere.
- Familiarity with USAID ADS 205 on Gender Integration.
- Experience in designing protocols for and conducting key informant interviews, group interviews, and focus group discussions.
- Able to collect, manage, synthesize, and rigorously analyze large amounts of qualitative data to draw out key findings and conclusions and develop draft recommendations.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Pashto preferred.