The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of the Asia Learning and M&E Support Project, a $50 million sole-source IDIQ held by Social Impact and issued by the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA). The IDIQ provides M&E and other related technical and/or advisory services to USAID Missions, implementing partners (IPs), and key stakeholders throughout the Asia Region. The project assists USAID and its partners in the Asia region to generate empirical data as well as foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process in order to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming.
SI is seeking a Gender Specialist to support all task orders under the Asia Learning and M&E Support IDIQ contract to ensure gender mainstreaming and analysis is incorporated into technical deliverables in accordance with USAID gender analysis policy, including Gender 101 and ADS 201 and 205. SI’s Gender Specialist will provide remote support at crucial stages of the evaluation or assessment to provide expertise on integrating gender equality issues into the design, data collection tools, analysis, and recommendations. The Gender Specialist reviews key deliverables using a 10-point Gender Scorecard. The Gender Specialist may be asked to develop and deliver training programs to build USAID’s and IPs’ capacity to; a) design strategies, projects and activities that address gender equality gaps and improve development outcomes, and b) incorporate appropriate gender-sensitive indicators to monitor and/or evaluate the effect of development assistance. S/he may also be requested to provide customized (sector and/or country specific) training and/or to provide technical assistance on gender analyses.
The position is available immediately through September 2019. Anticipated level of effort is part-time (35%–50% LOE per month). Work can be conducted remotely. Expatriate and local candidates are encouraged to apply, although preference will be given to nationals of Southeast Asia.
- Ensuring that all tasks delivered under TOs are inclusive and appropriately address gender issues,
- Managing, assessing, and reporting a gender-specific performance indicator of this TO, i.e., percentage of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) deliverables which adequately address gender aspects, and
- Providing applied experience in gender research methods and practices to the process of designing development strategies, projects, and activities that address gender equality gaps and improve development outcomes;
- Providing advice on gender-related MEL to Development Objective teams during strategy development, project design, and the development of PMPs;
- Providing inputs into Activity MEL plans, especially on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward Gender Equality and Female Empowerment outcomes and impacts;
- Providing regional analysis or use of standard and customized performance indicators to reflect progress toward Gender Equality and Female Empowerment;
- Participating in evaluation teams tasked with assessing how well the Mission strategies, projects and activities address gender equality gaps;
- Providing support in applying knowledge of field-tested gender analysis toolkits for relevant sector;
- Conducting training and other capacity development means on sector specific gender issues;
- Conducting participatory consultations/workshops to leverage the expertise of women and girls, and
- Providing technical support related to gender analysis and integration as requested by the COR.
- At least seven years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in design and management of development projects with a gender equality component;
- International experience in design and implementation of performance and/or impact evaluation, analyses and assessments on projects with at least a gender equality component;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate gender equality and female empowerment in creative and innovative ways in programming and measurement;
- Experience in providing small and large group training in gender integration at all levels of programming and reporting;
- At least three years of experience working, short-/long-term, in Asia preferred;
- Demonstrated professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials;
- Excellent English writing and speaking (S/4 and R/4 levels at least) as well as interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Technical expertise in health, governance, agriculture, economic growth, vulnerable populations and environment sectors are advantages; and
- Be a native of one of the Southeast Asian countries that RDMA has an operation is highly an advantage.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.