QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Describe the procedures for gender differentiated vulnerability assessments in the pilot farmer’s unions, including measures for collection of gender-disaggregated data, data analysis, reporting results, submitting reports for review and archiving aimed at reducing the gaps between males and females in access to/control over economic, political, and social resources
- Design a set of vulnerability/resilience indicators to check the degree of vulnerability to adaptation measures and resistance to climate change for both women and men
- Propose tips required for efficient planning and implementation of the assessment, review and verification
- Recommend coordination procedures for managing information with respected national and local counterparts, including government, CSOs, business, and community members
- Describe procedures for quality control and establishing a process for ongoing feedback, evaluation, and improvement
- Submit the Instructions to UNDP SCRL Land Management Specialist and USAID Governance Support Program for their review
- Provide at least two on-line consultations on approbation of the Instructions to the representatives of the MAEP, the State Committee of Water Management, the Turkmen State Agricultural Institute of Dashoguz city, hyakimliks (executive bodies) and archinliks (self-governance body) of Dashoguz and/or Lebap velayats; farmers of “Yagtylyk”, “Garagum”, “B.Ovezov” , “Abadanlyk” farmers unions of Dashoguz velayats; and/or “Parahat”, “Vatan”, “Babadayhan” farmers unions of
- Lebap velayats. The consultations will be organized by the UNDP SCRL project
- Update the Instructions based on the feedback provided during the on-line consultations
- Submit the final Instructions and overall report to UNDP SCRL Land Management Specialist and USAID Governance Support Program
- Master’s Degree in sociology, international development, social sciences, or similar field; advanced degree in social sciences preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the issues of inclusive and sustainable development, including knowledge on the issues of gender equality and empowerment of women, as well as participation in several evaluations.
- At least 3 years of experience in delivering training and consultations in the field of gender equality in the agricultural sector.
- Experience in the implementation or participation in programs on the promotion of gender equality in Central Asia; experience in Turkmenistan preferred.
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically to contribute to the development of procedures and leading (guiding) principles of gender equality.
- Ability to provide guidance in applying methods of gender-differentiated assessments in the local communities.
- Prior experience in the development of indicators and protocols for gender-disaggregated data collection, storage, processing, and use for better planning and decision-making.
- Work experience in the field of development of gender documents and writing analytical reports.
- Knowledge of applying gender aspects in agricultural and community development projects.
- Prior experience working with the international projects in Central Asia, experience working with USAID projects preferred
- Spoken and written fluency in Russian required, fluency in English preferred
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.