For the 2020 PMSPLII annual gender workshop, the consultant will design and facilitate a one day workshop on gender integration in governance programming to be held in Beirut in March 2020 (dates to be confirmed in consultation with Social Impact). This workshop will orient participants from all USAID implementing partners on the use of the Resource Guide for Gender Integration in Governance Programming and enable participants to apply the content of the resource guide to their work to increase gender integration in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating USAID-funded projects and activities in the governance sector. The workshop will be designed using participatory, adult learning, and appreciative inquiry approaches and will be facilitated by two consultants with support by Social Impact’s Senior Gender Specialist.
Depending on the background of participants and discussions with PMSPL II, the workshop will include an overview/orientation to the guide, and provide the opportunity for participants to share experiences and develop plans for operationalizing the guide in their work.
Regardless of the format, it is envisioned that by the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the rationale for gender integration in governance projects and activities with a focus on sub-topics identified in the resource.
- Describe existing gender and inclusion gaps and enabling factors in governance programming in Lebanon, including how these factors might impact women’s political empowerment, and project and activity outcomes for women, men, youth, LGBTI, and persons with disabilities.
- Develop illustrative indicators to track the reduction of gender gaps in governance projects.
- Articulate convincing messages about the importance of integrating gender in USAID-funded governance project and activity implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Describe other implementing partners’ experiences, lessons learned, and success stories related to integrating gender in their work.
Annual Gender Workshop: Design and preparation. The workshop design will be based on the content of the Resource Guide for Gender Integration in Governance Programming in Lebanon. The consultant will develop a workshop agenda and a micro design (e.g., facilitator’s guide) with accompanying materials for facilitators and participants. The workshop agenda will be shared and discussed with the PMSPL II Senior Gender Specialist to ensure it meets the needs of participants and PMSPL II project goals. The PMSPL II team will organize all the logistical arrangements and send invitations to participants. One working day prior to the workshop, the consultant will set up the training room, print any needed handouts, organize all materials, and ensure everything is in place for a successful delivery.
Workshop delivery. The consultant will deliver the 1 day workshop in Beirut, Lebanon.
Participants evaluation summary report. 2.5 weeks after workshop delivery, the consultant will submit a participant evaluation summary report that includes information on the number and composition of participants, and data from the post-workshop participant evaluations.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working with gender-related issues in developing contexts.
- Solid previous experience in managing gender in governance projects , and working knowledge of USAID funded projects
- Strong English language skills, including excellent public speaking as well as writing skills. Proficiency in Arabic preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of gender discrepancies related to family and civil rights in the legal and legislative setups as well as gender gaps where the customary laws in Lebanon are concerned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills- ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including senior politicians.
- Professional knowledge specifically of gender dynamics in Lebanese politics and socio-economic situation in Lebanon preferred.
- Postgraduate degree preferably in political science, law, social development or other relevant field.
- Has flexibility, good time management, organizational, and coordination skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.