SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: http://www.snvworld.org.
Overview of the project.
Kunzila Integrated Land Scape Management and WASH (ILMWA) aims to improve health, gender equality and social inclusion, and wellbeing of people in Kunzila water shed in North Achefer districts in Amhara region. The project is a 5 years project funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN)..
Summary of the position
As part of the Core Team, the GESI expert will be expected to bring extensive gender and social inclusion knowledge in Ethiopia as well as key knowledge of gender and socio-economic dynamics in the project location. The GESI expert will play a critical role in mainstreaming GESI considerations at all levels and in all components of the project considering power differences, and will be responsible for materializing the three components of the GESI approach -namely improving access to public decision making; balancing benefits, and recognizing and understanding the dynamics of exclusion.
SNV is seeking an expert in Gender Equality and Social Inclusion to undertake a review of current policies and conduct an analysis of how gender inequality and social exclusion impact access and availability to WASH services for the EKN funded integrated Project implemented in Kunzila Watershed in Amhara region.
- Avisory Service
- Knowledge Management
- Project and Process development
- People management and capacity building
- Positioning SNV and the project in different activities
- Business Development
- should you need to review a detailed information about the job please click on the folloiwng lind to access the full Job Description. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgfX54pss4xkJ4vKvofkal5EmmLzmkQR/view?usp=sharing
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- University Degree, preferably Masters level, in the field of women’s studies, gender and development, social sciences, or related studies.
- At least 5 years and above experience in providing technical assistance in Gender Equality, Social Inclusion, Community Engagement and Accountability in WASH projects,
- a good understanding of technical issues regarding WASH, community-based SBCC development and roll-out strategies with a very good understanding of social and gender
- Strong analytical and operational knowledge of youth financial inclusion.
- Strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Ability to travel frequently to the project operational areas
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before or on 26 August 2020.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 2 years contract with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience with an attractive benefits package. SNV is a global organization committed to bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together. We invite especially women to submit their application as we want to increase the number of women in leadership positions.