CARE Turkey is seeking a Gender and Protection Advisor who will be the Country Office’s primary focal point for ensuring that protection and gender equality objectives are mainstreamed and that relevant capacities are built to enable gender sensitivity and gender transformative practice. S/he will be responsible for developing clear strategies on gender and protection with special attention to strengthening psychosocial wellbeing and will lead in the implementation of these. S/he will work directly with partners to build capacities and provide technical advice/supervision to implementing staff and volunteers. She will monitor the impact of the implementation of the gender and protection strategy of the project and the impact of capacity building activities. S/he will also work closely with program staff to embed protection, gender sensitive and transformative approaches within design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Ensure protection mainstreaming and gender sensitivity across CARE’s work
- Capacity Building of CARE and partners
- Program design and technical advice on psychosocial support programs
- Coordination and program development
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, Social Work, International Relations, Conflict transformation, Development studies, or related discipline. A bachelor’s degree will be acceptable only if the candidate can demonstrate sufficient experience in gender and protection programming in conflict settings.
- Eight years of experience working on gender and protection issues in humanitarian contexts, including experience of field-level management of complex humanitarian response and resilience programs; and all phases of the project/program cycle.
- Proven experience of successful capacity-building of humanitarian field staff and partners on gender and protection concepts, theory and practice.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team.
- Commitment to CARE Core value and principles.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong networking capability
- Ability to organize and facilitate training sessions
- Ability to develop capacity building frameworks and work plans