Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Gender and Inclusion Specialist candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The Gender and Inclusion Specialist will coordinate closely with the COP and other project Specialists and Administrative staff in developing, implementing, and revising an inclusive project strategy ensuring that women, youth, and vulnerable groups concerns are part of all programming activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to implement complex programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as gender studies, sociology, international development, agricultural or rural development;
* At least five years of professional experience designing, monitoring, and/or implementing activities and systems promoting the inclusion of gender, youth, and vulnerable groups inclusion in issues related to land and agriculture is highly desirable;
* Professional experience in inclusion methodologies for assessing project impact, and ability to apply such methodologies to strengthen awareness of disparities in projects related to land tenure, sustainable food systems, and market systems strongly preferred;
* Experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika or similar context strongly preferred;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects, flexible and creative;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.