Social Impact has been commissioned to conduct a mid-term evaluation for the Advancing Transition to Peaceful Democracy Through Participation of Civil Society and Media (CSM II). This evaluation will examine the overall performance of CSM II in relation to its purpose and outcomes; the effectiveness of Activity’s structure in the context of design versus implementation; and the extent of collaboration, learning and adaptability in response to the evolving political, social, and economic contexts in the country. The evaluation will include a desk review, primary data collection, and reporting from October to April 2020.
SI is seeking an expert in gender and social inclusion to serve as the Gender and Inclusion Specialist on a four-person research team. The team will include a Team Lead, the gender and inclusion specialist, an evaluation specialist, and an interpreter. The position is level of effort-based (approximately 20-25 days). The Specialist will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
- Support the development of workplan, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Conduct a desk review and contribute to the development of a desk review report, as directed by the Team Lead, specifically providing support in finding and reviewing relevant documents.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Burma, ensuring all data collection events are carefully documented through detailed notes.
- Support data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation and draft/final report, as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in the areas of gender and/or social inclusion studies
- Graduate Degree in degree in social sciences or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge on gender and inclusion especially as it relates to incorporating into the evaluation of civil society and media programs in transition environments.
- Prior experience in Asia and/or Southeast Asia, strongly preferred
- Experience in Burma and transition environments, preferred
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research skills, as well as strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English is required
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.