PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Since 2007, PATH has collaborated with Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), community groups, and other partners to strengthen the country’s public health systems and address the most pressing health threats, including malaria, tuberculosis, and vaccine-preventable disease. We implement high-impact, evidence-based, sustainable programs to support those most at risk.
PATH Ethiopia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Gender Advisor for the USAID-funded Targeted and Tailored Support to Increase the COVID-19 Vaccination project. This project will support the government of Ethiopia’s endeavor to fully vaccinate 70 percent of the total population against COVID-19. The Gender advisor will report to the project director based in Addis Ababa.
The Gender Advisor will be based in PATH country office and is responsible to help strategize and advise on how to identify and reduce gender gaps in targeted and tailored COVID-19 vaccination activities of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Gender-sensitive and transformative strategies for the Targeted and Tailored Support to Increase the COVID-19 Vaccination Project
- Conduct and direct qualitative and quantitative gender analyses to understand gender-related issues that affect COVID-19 vaccination uptake, identify strategies and interventions
- Coordinate with the team and make sure that gender-sensitive project implementation strategies and interventions are deployed to increase COVID-19 vaccination in low-performing communities, internally displaced persons (IDP) sites, refugee camps, and specially targeted groups.
- Advises and assists the PATH vaccines team on gender issues related to the immunization program
- Closely work with the project leadership team on the development of gender-sensitive, context-tailored, and inclusive SBCC strategies and interventions in COVID-19 mass vaccination that fit for targeted group
- Provide ongoing technical support to project staff to effectively implement gender-sensitive strategies and interventions for COVID-19 mass vaccination
- Coordinate development and/or adapt gender-related tools that can be used by the project staff during implementation as well as monitoring, Evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities of the project.
- Provide technical support to local NGOs in project regions to implement gender-sensitive strategies and interventions of the project.
- Coordinate and facilitate targeted gender-sensitive advocacy workshops, social mobilization, and engagement of stakeholders
- Support MOH/ Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) to develop plans and activities to promote gender equity in COVID-19 vaccination uptake and coverage and routine immunization program
- Closely work with the national and regional project teams to document lessons learned and best practices and validate gender-sensitive models for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Conduct regular field monitoring and evaluation missions to regions, zones, IDP sites, and refugee camps to ensure gender-related COVID-19 vaccination gaps are identified and implemented
- And any other activity as requested by the supervisor