- Master’s Degree in gender/women’s studies, international development, health, nutrition or related area preferred.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience working on problem assessments related to nutrition, livelihoods, food security, DRR and/or WASH programs.
- Proven ability to apply gender-sensitive and gender-transformative approaches on DFAP initiatives or on programs similar to DFAP initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances.
- Significant knowledge of gender principles as they relate to livelihoods, , nutrition and resilience for community-based programs.
- Significant knowledge of the health and nutrition system in Ethiopia, specifically as it relates to government policies, programs and partnerships addressing the needs of food security.
- Experience in gender-based programming with substantial understanding of and commitment to equality and equity issues and mainstreaming.
- Experience working on similar USAID or other donor-funded programs; familiarity with USAID regulations and policies preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Ethiopian nationals encouraged to apply.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.