Chemonics is seeking a Funds Officer for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Fund Officer assists with the PFRU programme’s local grants and project fund programme and is responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring the issuance of grants and project funding under this PFRU programme. The Funds Officer will utilize relevant Chemonics’ resources, including corporate subcontracts, and grants manuals, for this purpose. The Fund Officer will ensure that all grants and projects issued under the FCDO project are awarded, monitored and closed-out in accordance with applicable FCDO and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Assists the Fund Manager with project-initiated subcontracting, and grants activities ensuring compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures as well as the funds manual. Ensures that all contract-specified grants-related regulatory requirements are met in a satisfactory and professional manner.
- Ensures that activities and deliverables related to grants and subcontracts are achieved on schedule, in accordance with approved specifications and within the allocated budget.
- Prepares grant agreements, and issue subcontracts, purchase orders, task orders, and amendments, explains terms, conditions, roles, and responsibilities in compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and FCDO rules and regulations.
- Assists Fund Manager in the creation of financial and administrative procedures for grant and project expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authorities.
- Conducts if applicable pre-award responsibility and financial review of potential partners or subcontracters. In particular, participate in examining financial, accounting, and administrative procedures for control of funds and expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authorities. This will include a detailed value for money (economy, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and equity) assessment, in accordance with FCDO VfM policies as applied to PFRU.
- When necessary and appropriate, performs pre-award assessments to determine applicant management and technical capacity to administer grant and subcontract awards.
- Ensures effective liaison between project staff and grant recipients and sub-contractors, ensure that recipients are provided with suitable technical advice and assistance in the fields of management, including financial management, financial sustainability, and advocacy.
- Monitors compliance of all agreements governing the award of grants and projects and prepare necessary reports.
- Ensures the highest levels of honesty, integrity, openness and transparency in administering grants and subcontract award processes and procedures,
- Ensures that grants/project-related files are maintained in a current and complete manner and are audit-ready at all times.
- Assists with training, technical assistance, and commodity needs of potential subcontractors and grantees and establish controls for expenditures and reporting on use of fund
- Closely liaises with Fund Manager to provide necessary assistance to technical staff on issues related to the refinement, data management, and monitoring of an administrative system to track the activities and performance of organizations who receive funding under the project.
- Ensures full compliance with FCDO regulations and Chemonics grant award policies related to fair and open competition in the award of local subcontracts and where appropriate grants, and manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals.
- Ensures branding and marketing plans with subcontractors/grantees, and ensure environmental compliance is in accordance with PFRU communication and visibility policies. Ensures that grants and projects are closed out within required time frames.
- Provides support to client technical and financial reporting, including preparing budgets and narratives.
- Works with PFRU finance team, grantees, FCDO and Chemonics head office to continuously update and align project budgets with overall programme budget.
- Delivers additional operational, technical and administrative tasks, as requested by Fund Manager or Deputy Team Leader of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in working in finance for a FCDO or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in operations and procurement/finance/funds management.
- Political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
- Familiarity with FCDO and/or UK government reporting.
- Demonstrated experience working with local government and local organisations.
- Strong financial management skills including analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working independently and as part of a team both in-person and remotely.
- Strong organisational and work prioritisation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated versatility, and integrity.
- Proven experience developing new organizational systems and tools, with a strong command of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and the public.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Polish (preferred), English is required.
Place of Assignment
This project is looking to hire primarily Ukrainian staff. At this time, the project will be partly based in Warsaw and/or Rzeszow, Poland, and Ukraine and in due course will be returning to Ukraine. For candidates based outside of Warsaw or Rzeszow, this selected candidate can work remotely for the next interim period with travel as needed to project office and other sites as deemed necessary by programme work.
The Funds Officer will report directly to the Funds Manager, or equivalent.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Funds Officer” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by April 13, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.