We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission, Global Fund, Gavi, MCC and many others.
In the Public Financial Management (PFM) department, we focus on advisory services related to public finance, public procurement, audit, accounting services, grants and funds management.
Join our team in the FAAP-Portfolio (finance, audit, accounting, procurement) in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries, particularly to Africa.
You will provide technical and administrative support to our project acquisition and implementation and you will be based in the beautiful city of Hamburg in the North of Germany.
Your tasks will include:
- Participating in the acquisition process for new projects including the preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Establishing and maintaining networks and professional relationships with experts, partners and clients
- Project coordination and backstopping of our Fiscal agent/Fiduciary agent projects including technical support, monitoring, reporting, financial administration and project on-site visits
- Capacity building services for the beneficiaries of our projects
- Quality assurance of deliverables/results, including financial reports
- Technical input in financial management and internal controls and compliance of transactions
- Development of tools and concepts for the improvement of project management
- University degree (Master level or equivalent) in economics/business administration, finance or related fields
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of administrative and financial management of projects and/or work in the fields of controlling, financial management, accounting/reporting, internal/external audit
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset
- Working experience in the context of development cooperation
- Previous professional experience with at least one international donor or development agency such as KfW, World Bank, Gavi, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and/or MCC is a big asset
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid work permit for Germany
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
To support a better work-life-balance in our family-oriented company, we offer flexible working hours, home office days, fitness club discounts and a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
To apply send your motivation letter and CV by email to Ms. Andrea Leber referring to job code PFM-DEU22GFA0021-FAAP.
Andrea Leber email@example.com