We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our Private Sector Development (PSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to trade and regional integration, SME development, value chain development, regional economic development, quality infrastructure, and green economy in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the EMENA region.
Join our team in the Private Sector Development Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile French Speaking Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of private sector development
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) in Hamburg and on site in Sub-Saharan African countries (incl. financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the PSD Portfolio
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (M.A./MSc) in a relevant area, e.g. economics, business administration, Development Studies, or other relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation related to private sector development
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in developing countries. Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Additional working knowledge of German, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be highly appreciated
- Willingness to travel extensively to African countries
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, university degrees and work references/certificates) by e-mail to
Ms Dagmar Röhr
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
+49 40 60306-224