We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department we focus on consultancy services related to water sector policies, water and solid waste sector reform, circular economy, value chain development in recycling and CE, water acts, management (reform) of water utilities, aggregation of utilities, capacity building all along the water, wastewater and solid waste sector stakeholders, human resources development in water and solid waste utilities and/or public entities in the water and SW sector, assistance in decentralization process towards municipalities, tariff systems, accounting, billing, pro-poor water and sanitation service strategies, public awareness in WASH, socio-economics in water demand studies, willingness and capacities to pay studies, cost-benefit analyses.
Join our team in the Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department in Hamburg/Germany, with frequent travel to developing countries, as an open-minded and versatile (Junior) Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (e.g. environmental engineering, waste management, water resources management, economics);
- At least 2-3 years (preferably 4-5 years) of relevant experience in the solid waste management sector and / or water supply and sanitation sector, water sector reform, capacity development, institutional strengthening, utility management etc.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
What we offer
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date) per e-mail to: Marisa Ludwig, Recruitment Department, +49 (0) 40 60 30 6-143
Marisa Ludwig email@example.com