Position: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Program Manager
Location: Cox’s Bazaar – with travel to field locations
Reports to: Humanitarian Programs Manager
Length of Contract: 6 months (with possible extension based on funding)
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
The FSL Program Manager will:
- Responsibility for achieving project results and indicators, fulfilling the contractual obligations of the projects, and ensuring timely and quality implementation
- Responsible for proactive and continuous improvement of project quality and relevance
- Lead on the overall implementation and strategic positioning for RI’s food market program in Cox’s Bazar, including supervision and management of the team implementing the food market project
- Utilization of lessons learned for concrete improvements in program implementation and sharing internally and externally with other partners
- Responsible for managing the project budget
- Supervise participating vendors in coordination with the operations and finance departments
- Play a key role in training participants on the food voucher system
- Supervise voucher transactions and will ensure all beneficiaries can access chosen goods without encountering any issues
- Lead the expansion of RI’s Complimentary Food Program activities in CXB
- Liaise with finance and operations department to ensure segregation of duties is maintained during market reconciliation
- Coordinate scope system training and ensure all relevant team members are present, he/she will play a key role during the training
- Design and implement SOPs for food markets
- Supervise participating vendors and ensure they are properly trained and sensitized
- Supervise transactions and will ensure all beneficiaries can access chosen goods without encountering any issue
- Work closely with the donor to ensure vendors are reimbursed through Financial Service Provider
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to monitor indicators of the project and document successes and challenges encountered
- Responsible for data management and reporting: ensure reports are written and submitted timely to the donor and provide updates to RI’s Grants Coordinator regularly
- Coordinate and manage Livelihood and Food Security project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
Capacity-building and Quality Programming
- Carry out training and build the capacity of RI staff and partners in all aspects of cash-based and/or market-based programming, including for implementation, adaptation, monitoring and evaluation of market-based and cash-based programming.
- Ensure consistence and coherence in use of implementation and monitoring tools in collaboration with the Global Cash advisor
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the team to ensure an integrated approach to meet the other basic needs of the affected population
- Actively engage in and represent RI in the Cash Working Group and Food Security and Livelihoods Sub-Sector (FSL)
- Meet with donors in coordination with Humanitarian Programs Manager to provide regular updates on ongoing programming
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent RI in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to work hard and achieve results in a demanding, fast paced and often insecure environment.
- At least 7 years of solid experience and a track record of success in designing, implementing, managing and monitoring cash-based programming in different humanitarian settings
- Experience with WFP Scope is a plus
- Post-graduate degree in economics, development studies or any other relevant field of study
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in team management
- Experience of capacity building
- Experience of working within budget constraints
- Highly developed writing skills at programmatic level (assessment reports, proposals, guidance notes)
- Demonstrated knowledge of grantee regulations and implementation experience of WFP-funded projects
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task and provide a consistently high-quality output / deliverables
- Flexible, positive and pro-active attitude essential
- Strong English language written and communication skills required.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Relief International. In particular, a good understanding of the humanitarian mandate and principles.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation