BASIC PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to various departments while “floating” as requested by the associate directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist clients with the completion of paperwork to determine qualification for outreach assistance.
- Edit and update the disaster relief supplies pages of the UMCOR website.
- Assist with answering the phone, producing donor thank-you letters, entering team payments and coordinating volunteer orientation.
- Book and revise team reservations.
- Assist housekeeping and food services departments as needed.
- Assist the Director of UMCOR Sager Brown as needed.
- Provide support to all departments, administration, finance, outreach, depot operations, volunteer services, as needed. Duties change daily according to the needs of the staff.
- Vocational training but associate degree preferred.
- Bookkeeping and computer skills.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Flexibility, people skills and professionalism.
Learning Period: 6-9 months