Chemonics seeks a financing and business specialist for the anticipated USAID/Mozambique TRANSFORM WASH activity. This activity is intended to support the increase of sustainable access to water and sanitation services in Mozambique, with focus on small towns, rural growth-centers, and peri-urban areas. This activity will seek to materialize the USAID Mozambique Mission’s WASH strategic goal, which aims to support the achievement of Improved well-being of communities, especially women and girls in Mozambique by ensuring increased use and sustainable management of water and sanitation services. All applicants must be proficient in Portuguese. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. This requisition is for an anticipated proposal. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with the government of Mozambique’s National Directorate for Water and Sanitation, the municipalities, private providers, and financial institutions, and link them to promising businesses that provide household water maintenance services
- Establish national water fund with public and private funding windows
- Institutionalize public budget and expenditure tracking to WASH sector, at the national or sub-national level
- Increase capacity of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and public and private providers to attract different funding sources
- Improve financial sustainability of water service providers
- A Master’s degree in development economics, finance, business, or a relevant social science, or in a water and sanitation related field
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience (or bachelor’s with 15 years’ experience) working as a business development services advisor, preferably in the SADC region and in energy, water, and/or health sectors
- Demonstrated experience facilitating access to capital markets with a combination of conducting project preparation and investment feasibility assessments, financial and economic analysis, risk analysis, or financial structuring, with a solid understanding of key challenges associated with such transactions
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required, Portuguese is preferred
The deadline for submission is October 11, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible through this link. Please note a CV is required. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. This requisition is for an anticipated proposal.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.