The Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment– Capacity Building (BALADI CAP) project aims to build the capacity of selected civil society organizations (CSOs) to manage and implement grants, in addition to building the capacities of municipalities and their civil society organizations partners to strengthen citizen-municipality cooperation in local policy and decision-making .
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Lebanese citizenship will be considered.**
MSI is seeking candidates for the full-time/long-term position of Financial Specialist on a capacity building and small-grants program for Lebanese civil society organizations (CSOs). The Financial Specialist will work closely with the DCOP under the direction of the Chief of Party.
- Assist Senior Financial Specialist in conducting Benchmark Assessments/Post Benchmark Assessments and producing appropriate action plans to bring financial management systems of CSOs up to compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform regular field visits to CSO partners for on-site mentorship and coaching.
- Assist the DCOP in designing and conducting trainings/workshops to beneficiary CSOs on financial management.
- Assist the DCOP in designing policies, procedures and guidelines on financial management: cash management, procurement, asset/inventory, segregation of duties.
- Assist the DCOP in tracking the implementation of the financial policies.
- Assist the DCOP in liaising with potential local training institutes or short-term consultants to ensure financial capacity building is delivered on time and on budget.
- Review and validate all payments submitted by the grantees before presenting them to the Senior Financial Specialist for issuance.
- Perform any other related duties as required by COP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to financial management.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in processing cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to details.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.