Chemonics seeks a Financial Mechanism/Transactions Advisor for the anticipated USAID/DDI/EEI Green Cities Mechanism. The Financial Mechanism/Transactions Advisor will be responsible for providing technical input and leadership to support activities undertaken by the Green Cities Mechanism. Green Cities will promote inclusive urban development by addressing the interconnected crises of climate change, pollution, biodiversity, and inequality. The Financial Mechanism/Transactions Advisor will join a small team providing unique, external expertise to modernize and scale USAID’s urban programs in-country, enabling USAID to invest in “green city” strategies to advance five critical urban transformations: net-zero systems; urban resilience; circular economy; equitable service delivery; and green industry and jobs. Aside from providing technical expertise on financial mechanisms and transactions, the position will also be responsible for facilitating and coordinating finance experts and activities based in-country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Mobilize finance (public, private, climate, or other development finance) for climate-smart projects and/or work to increase public finance commitments
- Strengthen blended finance transactions for resilience activities implemented by local governments, local communities, civil society organizations, or the private sector
- Develop bankable green projects, such as resilient infrastructure, net zero systems, or service delivery expansions
- Increase cross-subsidies and/or incentives to pay for services, especially through programs that bring in public and private sector actors
- Ability to provide technical assistance and/or training, conduct research, draft reports, conduct modeling, coordinate other tasks, and work with local partners
- Expertise related to ocean plastics
- Interest in increasing both overall access and methods of access to quality data for local governments and urban residents
- Experience driving agency, personal empowerment, and use of targeted services in lower-income populations, women, youth, LGBTQI+ people, and other marginalized groups
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Financial Mechanism/Transactions Advisor in the subject line to GreenCitiesRecruit@chemonics.com no later than April 11, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.