- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- assist the finance officer to perform cash and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA is an added advantage
- Microsoft Office Application
- Knowledge of Local Language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months (One yearrenewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Gwoza/Pulka, with occasional travels. Travel outside Gwoza/Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected