PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s Ministry of Health, the National TB Program, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking to recruit an experienced and qualified Finance Specialist to provide financial and administrative support to the Eradicate TB project team in Lusaka. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Finance Director.
- Draft, administer and monitor all subordinate agreements.
- Coordinate the procurement and local finance systems, including travel, workshops, goods and services, and consultancies, consistent with local laws and USG Rules and Regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders.
- Ensure that all PATH policies and procedures: approvals are obtained; competitive bidding is used; all goods and services acquired effectively balance quality and price consideration.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for staff and visitors with support from Project Assistant
- Participate in the preparation of the Project activity budgets.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly coded and charged to the correct project codes.
- Support the preparation of Requests for Authority to Travel for all project staff.
- Maintain inventory of all procured equipment and share information with Planning and Logistics Officer, as requested.
- Monitor all project resources and equipment such as office space and equipment are in good order and adequate for smooth running of the project.
- Provide day-to-day administration support for TB provincial offices.
- Oversee the sub-office monthly courier management.
- Collect and submit timesheets from project staff and submit to the Finance office.
- Provide any other administrative, training, or logistical tasks assigned by the Finance and Operations Director to ensure efficient and smooth support to the project.