The Finance & Operations Manager will be the lead expert for financial operations and management in the USAID-funded Children, Adolescents, and Families in the HIV Epidemic Activity in Limpopo Province. This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, programme accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
The position will be based in Limpopo.
Key Performance Areas:
Oversee financial and accounting of the project operations:
- Responsible for financial management of project activity
- Provide leadership to finance, operations, sub-award and administration aspects of the project including general administrative processes, financial management, sub-award management, accounting and logistics.
- Provide financial accounting and management support to the Chief of Party.
- Oversee the coordination of the accounting processing and related work processes related to project transactions.
- Lead in the development and management of Finance team Annual Work plan.
- Track grant receipts and ensure proper recording of grant receivables.
- Manage the exchange rate movement and advise Chief of Party on resource utilisation strategies to ensure budget utilisation
- Provide resources for national events and activities to achieve project objectives.
- Contact person for USAID IP stakeholder meetings.
Ensure the financial integrity of the project operation:
- Manage accounting and financial internal control systems in order to provide appropriate level of security over the project’s resources and operations.
- Lead implementation of organisational and donor financial policies and procedures; establish (with COP) and oversee finance and compliance environment of the project with a strong focus on donor, m2m and statutory requirements and controls during the life of the award in line with the grant agreement and contracts.
- Oversee the monthly closing of accounts and reconciliation of all accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, financial narrative and variance analysis.
- Monitor cash flow through preparation of cash budgets and funding requests to ensure that sufficient cash is always available to meet operational needs.
- Serve as project lead for external audits and Provide support during internal audit and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations.
- Ensure alignment of USAID programme targets and results with financial performance
- Provide monthly financial performance reports in line with clinical and non-clinical programme targets to project management team and USAID.
- Participate in local implementing partner (IP) committee meetings to strengthen financial system and sub award management of all IPs.
Manage financial administrative functions:
- Establish and oversee documentation and filing system for all financial and supply chain documentation in accordance with legislative and funder requirements.
- Manage implementation of efficient and effective financial administrative and procurement processes at project level.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of physical assets and office, including vehicles, equipment, and furniture and office buildings.
Lead financial management functions: budget development and management, financial reporting:
- Lead development and management of project budgets and forecasts, in close coordination with COP and project management team to ensure alignment to annual work plan.
- Conduct financial analysis and reporting to internal and external stakeholders including analysis of information needs at all levels of the project.
- Provide financial management advice and assistance to the Chief of Party and team leads, including in the preparation and monitoring of project budgets, spending trends, and revenue projections. Perform monthly variance analysis.
Line Management of country level finance staff:
- Lead and supervise the Project Finance and Administration team.
- Manage performance of Finance and Administration team staff in line with the m2m performance management framework.
- Mentorship and career development support and training to Finance and Administration team members.
- Promote a values-based culture amongst the Finance and Administration team.
Grants management; capacity building and knowledge transfer:
- Lead development of sub-agreement packages for submission to Grants and Compliance
- Manage sub-agreements to key partners, including processing of monthly financial reports, review and analysis/negotiation of annual budget, and routine grants implementation financial verification and monitoring of resources to ascertain efficient resources utilisation and compliance with the donor rules and regulations. Support COP in management of grants ceilings for the partner organization
- Lead grantee and vendor selection process, including advertisement, convening review committee, conducting pre-award assessment (where required), and structuring contracts, and processing payments.
- Conduct needs assessment and capacity gaps of partner organisations
- Plan, coordinate and conduct capacity building trainings and mentorship to project staff and partner organisation