PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19 Support, Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance as well as Digital Health with funding from various donors.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to assist in the functions of the finance team for the Zambia Country Office. The Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Finance Manager. The incumbent will be based in Lusaka.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and process invoices registered in the financial system for appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation according to Donor/GAAP and PATH policies.
- Review receivable and payables accounts (program advances, prepayments to vendors and payable control account) regularly and ensure that the accounts in question are cleared on timely basis.
- Review Travel expense reports to ensure that they have complete documentation, accurate, and comply with applicable policies and internal procedures.
- Register necessary transactions for exchange loss/gain in the accounting system
- Book cash deposits on timely basis
- Update payments to the General ledger
- Submit monthly statutory returns (ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA)
- Pull proof of payments to share with projects who in turn share with the suppliers.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate PATH designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Review petty cash reconciliations on monthly basis before it is registered in the system for replenishment.
- Do petty cash spot checks and share report with the Finance Manager.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.