*This is a PATH’s Internal (Employee Only) opportunity*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a consortium of partners in the implementation of the recently awarded USAID End Malaria Program (EMP). This is a 5-year Cooperative Agreement. In partnership with Jhpiego and the Zambia Centre for Communication Programs (ZCCP)— guided by the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan and in collaboration with the End Malaria Council (EMC)—the End Malaria Program (EMP) will build on the PATH learning and momentum achieved as lead for PMI’s Program for Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO). In line with PMI’s strategy, the EMP will assist the GRZ to accelerate progress towards its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH now seeks the services of four (04) Finance Officers who will provide finance and operations support to the Finance and Operations Director under the USAID funded End Malaria Program (EMP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to process program advances for project activities.
- Review and process invoices from vendors in the financial system without on time.
- Administer funds and maintain all documentation for assigned field activities including managing cash disbursements to meetings, workshops, and fieldwork exercise participants.
- Review receivable accounts (program advances and prepayments to vendors) regularly and ensure that the accounts in question are cleared on time.
- Review program advances for workshops, trainings, and meetings from the program staff and ensures that they are processed on time. Ensure that no additional advances are paid to the same staff before previous advances are reconciled. Follow up with program staff on all outstanding program advances
- Help provincial teams in ensuring that the field staff gets documents required for contracting services for conferencing and trainings. Review the procurements for accuracy before they are processed in the financial system.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate PATH designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Process transactions in the finance system on time and ensure that transactions are successfully approved in the workflow.
- Ensure that all the transaction documentation is complete, accurate, and comply with applicable policies and internal procedures.
- Review fuel reconciliations submitted by the Driver/Logisticians before payments are processed in the financial system.
- Support the project team with closeout in the final year of the project.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.