PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Dumisha Afya is a USAID funded project covering Bungoma and Busia counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “95-95-95” targets.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate and complete records in required formats for all financial transactions, post transactions in Business World, ensure full financial supporting documentations, review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments and carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations, respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records.
The Finance Officer will be based in Bungoma and will report to the Finance Manager.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Process and review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, travel advance requests and other payments requests. Track outstanding advances and follow up to ensure all are cleared on timely basis and in line with PATH’s financial policies.
- Review all travel expense reports, workshop expense reports and any other reconciliations for authorization, accuracy, allowable expenses, charge codes and accounting for advances. Follow up on resolutions of all questioned items and see that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for posting transaction in Business World.
- Respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records and update the Finance Manager on any discrepancies.
- Respond to staff inquiries on a timely basis on any financial issues.
- Disburse all PATH Money Transfer payments and funds transfer through E-Banking.
- Carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepare management accounts.
- As part of the Finance team, identify opportunities for streamlining office processes, make recommendations to the finance team and implement changes.