PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19 Support, Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance as well as Digital Health with funding from various donors.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to assist in the functions of the finance team for the Zambia Country Office. The Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Finance Manager. The incumbent will be based in Lusaka.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and process invoices registered in the financial system for appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation according to Donor/GAAP and PATH policies.
- Review receivable accounts (program advances and prepayments to vendors) regularly and ensure that the accounts in question are cleared on time.
- Review Workshop expense reports to ensure that they have complete documentation, accurate, and comply with applicable policies and internal procedures.
- Register journal entries in the accounting system to expense workshop advances.
- Ensure that no additional advances are paid to the same staff before previous advances are reconciled. Follow up with projects on all outstanding program advances.
- Load payments on the banking platforms and prepare bank instructions for cash movement and payment for project activities.
- Pull proof of payments to share with projects who in turn share with the suppliers.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate PATH designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Process transactions in the finance system on time and ensure that transactions are successfully approved in the workflow.
- Review petty cash reconciliations on monthly basis and register transactions for replenishment.
- Support in the preparation of bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.