- Daily supervision of finance assistants
- Reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Daily verification of POs, PRs Bid Analysis, per diem claim and other documents within the finance officer threshold
- Verify that all transactions have complete supporting documents and ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Support to ensure month end closure is completed according to the timeline provided in the finance handbook
- Support to verify the monthly National Staff Payroll and posting
- Follow up to ensure prompt processing of daily vendor payments and Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Travel to field sub-field office to monitor and support the finance assistants
- On a monthly basis Ensure all deductions are timely remitted to statutory authority according to the provision of the law.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments of staff, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc)
- Support the Finance Coordinator facilitate monthly BVA meetings, Project summary and spending plans
- Facilitate daily cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
- Facilitate audit activities
- Perform other related tasks that will be assigned by line manager
- Experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
- Minimum of University degree in related field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Finance / Economics
- Humanities / Maths / Science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 month (One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, Grade level 5, Step 1.
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected