**This job is for internal employees only**
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
We seek to recruit a Finance Officer with the responsibilities and tasks indicated below. The Finance Officer will be based in Kinshasa at the PATH/DRC/Kinshasa Country Office and will directly report to the Director of Administration and Finance. Responsibilities include:
A. General Accounting and Finance Unit Services (A/F) —Business World Platform
- Monitoring day-to-day financial transactions and accounting activities of PATH/DRC and its projects,
- Ensure the registration is recorded of payment requests at the A/F unit and that payment requests have accurate and complete supporting documentation;
- Return payment packets to PADMs and the Office Manager and others within 1 working day of receipt in the A/F unit that require further support to process for payment;
- Process payments requests that are in order within 10 working days of the initial receipt in the A/F unit;
- Work with PATH/DRC staff for consistent, effective, and efficient project finance and accounting processes of PATH policies, procedures and rules;
- Coordination and staff use of Business World to ensure that the financial planning, monitoring and reporting needs of PATH, USAID, other clients Project Directors, partners, and sub grantees are met in a comprehensive and timely manner;
- Provide as the PATH/DRC Superuser Business World accounting and financial guidance, appropriate information, advice and technical assistance;
- Liaise with Local Banking Services as directed by the SADM;
- Prepare based on PADM projections, the monthly and quarterly funds request to submit to SADM.
B. Support for PATH/DRC Internal Accounting Services to the SADM and PATH IAS at Nairobi and Seattle
- Administer the balance sheet accounts: Clearing accounts, Deposits accounts, Other receivable accounts, workshop advance, Travel advance, Invoices report;
- Supervise staff timely and accurate timesheet submission;
- Review the status of all DRC PATH staff timesheet submission by the 19th;
- Have Accounting and Finance staff check staff monthly timesheet have codes by day, hours, project;
- Liaise with staff and supervisors on invalid, unapproved and unsubmitted timesheet;
- Confirm that time record in timesheets are the same with the payroll;
- Assistance by Accounting and Finance staff to staff on their timesheet submission;
- Prepare timesheet report and send to SADM for his review;
- Review status of adjustments and act to complete adjustments by staff;
- Inform the SADM of actions to correct timesheet based on IAS feedback.
- Review and process the monthly PATH/DRC payroll report internally;
- Report payroll and liabilities to SADM and IAS team as per payroll calendar;
- Process and monitor PATH/DRC liabilities for staff contributions and deductions.
4. Accounting and Finance Unit support
- Support to the SADM with internal audit mission in country office;
- Provide the SADM with vendor analysis requests and other types of budget analysis;
- Review the General Ledger with the PADMs on a monthly basis to ensure appropriate classification of expenditures;
- Assist reclasses with notification to the SADM of recurrent PADM classification issues.
- Mobile Money
- Ensure mobile money payment and ensure that all payments are well supported with document and are made on time.
- Monitor archive of all finance/accounting document (important communication, bank document, payement document etc.);
- With Senior PADM, Senior Project coordinator, provide internal control training and guidance that should be necessary for all staff;
- Any other duty as requested.