The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 27 U.S. cities. Learn more at Rescue.org and follow the IRC on Twitter & Facebook .
The IRC Finance department seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles. The HQ Finance Team does this by supporting and training staff, by implementing and monitoring the implementation of IRC and donor policies and procedures, and by gathering the necessary financial information in preparation of the organizations’ financial statements.
The Finance Manager, USP is responsible for providing a range of administrative and accounting services in support of the organization’s US Programs financial activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assisting in monthly financial close including
- Creating export files with HQ entries to post in the US office ledgers.
- Preparing and posting of monthly journal vouchers for cash allocation, shared cost allocation.
- Creating and sending journals for intercompany entries within US program offices.
- Calculation and posting of US refugee arrival numbers and MG enrollment for the current period statistics
- Review of coding information on payment vouchers for USP offices
- Sending supporting documents for HQ account payable entries to US offices as requested; reviewing HQ transactions questioned by US office, providing clarification and recording adjustments as needed
- Prepare adjusting journal entries affecting USP HQ Management budgets as requested by USP Budget Officer
- Review of monthly reports and checklists and upload reports to IRC’s intranet
- Review of cash transfer requests and prepare transfers to be processed by HQ
- Prepare special reports for management upon request;
- Other duties as assigned by the Domestic Finance Officer or Regional Controller USP.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business Admin, or Finance
- 2-3 years accounting work experience ;
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and above average organization skills
- Ability to work accurately, pay attention to details, and consistently meet deadlines
- Proven aptitude with numbers and the ability to accurately process detailed information
- Attention to detail, a drive for accuracy and a strong work ethic
- Proficient computer skills: MS Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Experience with accounting software preferred
- The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location and is expected to be on-site
- Standard office work environment
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role