PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is seeking a Finance Manager, based in Nairobi Kenya, to provide finance oversight to the Kenya Country Program. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of PATH Kenya finances and accounting processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing day-to-day financial operations of the Kenya Country Program.
- Ensuring compliance with all finance related PATH policies, practices, and regulations.
- Coordinating with project teams to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient project finance management.
- Supervise & support team in classifying expenses into appropriate account codes and posting into BW
- Ensure timely recording of all accounting transactions in General Ledger
- Prepare quarterly/monthly cash flow projections and work closely with PATH Treasury to ensure PATH Kenya is adequately funded at all times
- Oversee processing of monthly payroll and ensure statutory deductions are remitted to the relevant authorities by due date.
- Ensure all relevant Government Acts, Rules, and Regulations like provision of taxation, Value Added Tax, Personal Income Tax etc. are followed.
- Work closely with the International Accounting Services (IAS) team to ensure timely completion of month end procedures as well as reconciliation of clearing accounts.
- Oversee internal and external audits and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Preparation and timely submission of NGO Coordination Board annual returns
- Support smaller projects in financial management.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Administration to resolve any financial issues that arise.