Title: Finance Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ChildFund International is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Manager for a USAID-funded regional Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Ethiopia. The improved wellbeing and health outcomes (IWHO) for OVC project in Ethiopia will improve health and social wellbeing outcomes for children affected by HIV and AIDS by building the capacity of households to provide for children under their care and strengthen health, education, and livelihood and protection interventions at district and community levels.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of administration and financial management, including accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting and human resources for both the prime partner and any sub-awards. Duties listed below:
- Ensures financial stewardship and accountability at all levels of financial operations. Ensures the integrity of financial management systems and proper internal controls exist and are followed for all financial activities of the project.
- Ensures Program is in compliance with internal control policies related to the financial and administrative components, according to ChildFund International procedures and donor’s requirements.
- Ensures timely and quality information for all financial reporting requirements by the donor.
- Ensures that annual audit is conducted according to procedures, the timely closure of audit recommendations, documentation and preparation of a plan of action and audit corrective measures are followed.
- Monitor and keep leadership informed about significant operational variances from budget or other financial issues. Supervises the preparation of cash flow and cash transfer requests and ensures that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate smooth program implementation.
- Supervises bank relations and bank account activities including transfers, fees, interest and currency exchange rates. In compliance with organization policies, establishes country policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and fund management. Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank accounts and cash reconciliations
- Reviews financial system of the affiliated entities and provide ongoing capacity building, training and mentoring support to affiliates making sure established standards are being followed
- 10 years progressive work experience in accounting including analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, financial software and reporting systems;
- 5 years of experience in a management role
- 5 years of experience working in the field of international development
- Proven managerial skills an ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels
- Strong decision making ability using good judgment and professionalism
- Good understanding of administrative, financial and general management principles and skilled in financial reporting, budgeting and taxes
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal communicative skills
- Ability to work and communicate with employees of all levels
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in a local language preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent relevant work experience. CPA or ACCA preferred