Egypt Economic Governance Activity
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Description: DAI seeks a Finance Manager for the recently awarded Egypt Economic Governance Activity (EGA). EGA will work with USAID/Egypt and the Government of Egypt to support the country’s investment climate by strengthening inclusive governance and supporting the Government’s structural reform program. This exciting cross-sector engagement will support Egypt’s economic and good governance reforms by supporting the reform process, building the capacity in public administration, including rolling out anticorruption training across the government at all levels of the civil service, and improving local service delivery, with an emphasis on innovative e-governance.
Role’s Purpose: The Finance Manager will manage all activities related to finance according to DAI’s policies and procedures. S/he will supervise the daily financial operations of the contract, including cash-flow management, time-sheet recording, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures. The Finance Manager will report to the Finance and Operations Director.
- Analyzes activity burn rate to identify bottlenecks and areas to improve
- Reviews bi-monthly finance reports for presentation to the Finance and Operations Director, Chief of Party, and Home Office (HO)
- Ensures all financial reports are submitted to DAI headquarters in accordance with the DAI monthly finance calendar
- Reviews the process of CCN salary calculations and disbursements
- Oversees the employees, grantees’ and other vendors’ advance payments and settlements
- Oversees the relationships with the local bank
- Oversees the process of reconciling local cash accounts
- Makes sure the activity accounting is provided with clearly auditable and tracible electronic physical filing systems
- Reviews findings of regular financial file audits to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement
- Approves payments in accordance with the activity Schedule of Authority
- Reviews and approves all financial operations with regards to reasonableness, allocability, and allowability, adhering to DAI policies, contractual terms, and other applicable rules and regulations
- Advises activity leadership and HO on financial matters
- Oversees and monitors use of company accounting systems, cloud software for backup documentation, DAI’s project management system (TAMIS), etc.
- Ensures that Grant Disbursements are processed according to the Grants Agreements and in accordance with DAI regulation and DAI policy
- Responsible for the activity compliance with Egyptian tax codes, including timely submission of required reports and data to the authorities
- Sets up and supervises the activity tax exemption process according to the bilateral agreement provisions
- Coordinates all tax exoneration documents, other tax exemption documents, and reimbursement of local taxes documents, if needed
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience in terms of the job tasks and responsibilities outlined above; USAID-funded activity experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or similar area; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel as well as electronic communications programs required
- Excellent English reading, writing, and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of Egyptian tax code
- Self-motivation and guidance; demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks required
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to EgyptEconomicGovernance@dai.com or via the DAI website. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.